Monday, March 22, 2010

The Rodeo.

The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is a ripoff.  I was supposed to go last night to see Justin Beiber but God decided she loves me after all and I've been sick.  My ex did take our daughter and my niece and his report told me it's a good thing I didn't go.   

Parking was 20 dollars for a space in the mud at the old Astroworld site.  Add to that food, a ride or two, and a game (I actually don't even think they played any games) and he spent  $140.00 - and that's NOT including the tickets, and he didn't buy any t-shirts or other crap - just food, drinks, rides and maybe games.  You would think that for so much money the rides would be in working order.  Nope.  A bunch of people got trapped at the top of a roller coaster when the chain broke mid-ride.  This is one of my worst nightmares, and usually only presents itself in the random parking lot carnie-ville.  For an organization making about a million dollars a DAY from this event, you would think they would have the resources to maintain their fairway equipment. 

Next year I'm going to blast JB from my stereo while heading over to the Northwest Mall parking lot, slap a carnie five, and head on over to the tilt-a-whirl.  And my kid will have just as much fun as she did last night.   

No comments:

Post a Comment