Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Houston Art Car Weekend

It's coming in May.  I hear talk that Dan Akroyd is going to be the grand marshal of the parade but can't find anything to confirm this.  If you live in the Houston area I highly recommend the Art Car festivities.

My favorite memory of living in the Heights a couple of years ago was living on Heights Blvd and every once in awhile we got an impromptu art car parade, usually the art car people blowing off steam after an event or just having fun.  I could hear the fireball car from several blocks away and would gather up my child and race outside to share and revel in the spontaneous happiness.  The last one of these I got to see was in May of 2008, it was Tom Jones' last ride a few hours after the Annual Art Car Parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment